A typical Saturday afternoon of running errands in Westlake may have you crossing paths with a Texas Ranger, a Grammy Award winning singer, a Dallas Cowboy, a well-known radio personality or the CEO of a national corporation.
One of only four Texas cities to be crowned a Gold Level Scenic City, Westlake was recognized as the nation’s most affluent community by Forbes magazine.
The city is an oasis of natural beauty balancing open spaces with sophisticated housing developments, trails and highly regarded schools such as the award-winning Westlake Academy, a public charter school with three programs of the rigorous International Baccalaureate curriculum. Westlake Academy has been ranked as a top school by US News & World Report, Newsweek, and the Washington Post. Westlake residents also enjoy outstanding public schools in three independent school districts, Northwest Independent School District, Keller Independent School District and Carroll Independent School District.
Westlake is also known as a prime golf destination. The town features some of the region’s most desired golf-course communities including Club Vaquero with its Tom Fazio-design course.
Neighborhoods in Westlake line the former Circle T Ranch, a 2,000 spread of rolling terrain and meandering creeks.
Major neighborhoods include:
- Aspen Lane, lined with gated estates on lots that are at least 5 acres
- Carlyle Court, an eight-lot residential development with each lot being 1 to 1.5-acres
- Entrada, a mixed-use development with homes and villas and a Catalonia themed village
- Glenwyck Farms, a private community on more than 100 wooded acres with 1-acre home sites
- Granada, an 84 single-family luxury home community
- Mahotea Boone, the oldest subdivision with 14 lots
- Paigebrooke Farms, a five-lot subdivision with multiple ponds
- Quail Hollow, a residential development that covers 188 acres
- Terra Bella, a 28-lot gated community on 54 acres
Links to a great lifestyleTexas Motor Speedway Bob Jone’s Nature Center Altitude H2O Umbra Winery Ride with Pride n